Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friends






Happy Friday!  Today I want to talk about friends, and how thankful I am for them.  Some of you who have been my friends through our mutual crafting love, know that I have talked about really only having one friend.  My friend Charlotte.  But you know what?  That isn't correct.  I have many friends.  I feel like you are all my friends.  I have grown so much in the past year from what I have learned from my internet friends, and I love learning about them and their lives.  For example, Pam, Debi, Lorri, Margaret, and Kathy, I feel like I could sit down at any time and have a cup of tea or coffee with you and just talk for hours.  Thank you for being my friend.  I look forward to your blogs, vlogs, comments, etc.  You are such great talented women and I am thankful to know you.

Of course I have my best friend Charlotte whom I don't see nearly enough even though we only live about 45 minutes apart.  I can tell her anything and she will never judge me.  She is also a woman I admire very much. She has been through a lot in life and always comes out stronger than ever.  I have never been one of those women who feel like I need to "compete" with other women.  I have always felt like we should have each others backs.  If I see a beautiful woman, I can admire her beauty without being jealous of it (mostly - hee hee).  If I see another woman struggling, I want to help, not judge (mostly - hee hee).  Hey, I'm not perfect, but for the most part that is who I am.  My friend Charlotte is that way too.  She doesn't judge me, and we have never competed with one another to see who dresses the best, etc.  We will be honest with one another if we like something or don't, etc.  I love that about our friendship.



And, I have the incredible good fortune of having past co-workers who I have remained friends with.  I was so blessed to work with the most amazing people before the moving of all our work and everyone losing their jobs.  We were truly a little family and I miss them.  We still get together now and then.  Last night I had dinner with two of my closest friends who I used to work with.  I look forward to those times we get together so much.  It's nice to hear about their lives and their jobs and everything.  At times though, I feel like the fact I still work there is making it harder for me to move on because I have so many reminders of when we were all together, but I am so thankful to still have a job I am not complaining.  I treasure those memories and look forward to the next time we see each other.

And, my husband of course.  He is my best friend in the entire world.  I love him with all my heart and soul.  I don't talk "girl talk" with him and sometimes I think he just pretends to care about whatever I am loom knitting, the latest make-up, clothes, jewelry or crafty items I bought, etc. but the fact he pretends is an important thing.  I can't say I pretend to like football for him.  So, I would say that makes him very special. 

Last but certainly not least, my family I grew up with, my Mom and Dad, and sisters and brothers and extended family.  I don't get to see them very often, but we have grown from parents/siblings into friends.  And, I wouldn't trade them for the world (most of the time - hee hee). 


So, I would say I am very lucky.  I don't just have one friend after all.  Duh!  How could I ever think that?





3 comments:

  1. I have a few 'real life' friends, and I consider my blog friends and YouTube friends 'real friends'. Thanks Angie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you Angie. Like Debi, I too have few "real life" friends. I am not sure if that's because of lack of time or just not finding women of a similar mind set and love of crafting. Like so many other women I guess we have to turn to the internet to find those relationships we just cannot find anywhere else. I personally haven't had very good luck with friendships. Maybe its that I spend so much time in a work environment. But as I am sure you see too, its hard to make friends with co workers. There seem to be an unwritten competitive atmosphere that leads to a lot of cattiness and meanness. Its great that you are able to get together with friends that used to work with you. Its especially good that you have such a good friend in Charlotte. Sometimes quality is more important that quantity. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angie! That was so nice of you to say. I agree, it doesn't matter if we haven't met in real life. When you communicate with someone so often, a friendship is formed. I have a couple of real life friends, but I'm not a social butterfly, I prefer to stay in my own little world. lol

    ReplyDelete