Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

Las Vegas

So, what better way to start a blog than with something exciting?  My husband and I celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary in July and his gift to us was a trip to Las Vegas.  We've actually been together for 27 years and are high school sweethearts.  We left for Las Vegas this past Sunday and got back yesterday.  First off, let me just say how much I hate to fly.  I can't stand to be in an airplane surrounded by all those people, hurtling through the sky at 500 miles an hour.  But, if I get to do something fun, I will grit my teeth and do it.  So, the trip started out kind of rocky and ended kind of rocky but everything in between was wonderful.

If you ever want to go to Las Vegas, I highly recommend looking into Southwest Airlines vacation packages.  We got an amazing deal and got to stay at a top of the line hotel.  Caesar's Palace was absolutely beautiful.  Our room was 650 square feet!






And the view was perfect!






I ate like a pig, but think I burned off a lot of the calories from all the walking we did.  Both of us realized we are definitely not youngsters anymore.  Our 40 something bodies felt all those extra steps by the end of the day.  It was SO worth it though.

We did lots of window shopping and bought a few things.  Nothing extravagant.  If somebody has a lot of money and likes to spend it on designer duds, you can certainly find anything you want in Las Vegas.

We went to see Penn and Teller perform and that was really great.  We also saw Cirque Du Soleil perform Zarkana, and that was beyond amazing.  I don't think a word has been invented to describe how cool those shows are.  I was in awe the whole time.  That is the second time we have seen a Cirque Du Soleil show and I honestly can't say which I liked more.  I think I liked them equally.  Next time we go to Las Vegas we will go to another show for sure.  Or, hopefully one of the shows that tours will come around here where we live.



We had such a nice time together and it was so nice to get away for a few days just to be a couple again.  We have two boys, ages 18 and 15, and we haven't been away together since they were little.  We've done several family vacations and I love those, and it's also nice to do something just the two of us.  I think the boys enjoyed us being gone too.  They did a great job taking care of everything while we were gone.  No college or high school was missed, and the dog was still alive when we got back.  ha ha

Oh, and we did gamble just a little bit.  I have a hard time putting money in a slot machine and losing it so I only gambled about $50.00.  I would rather have something to show for my money so I bought a few shirts instead.  My husband gambled more than me but I think all in all he still only lost about $50.00 by the end too.  You don't have to be a gambler to enjoy Las Vegas.  It's a beautiful city with lots to do.

It was a wonderful anniversary trip!




3 comments:

  1. Your vacation looks fantastic! I love that view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Anniversary! It looks like it was a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look very happy to be together!

    ReplyDelete